Thread lifting incorporates the latest minimally invasive techniques, devices and collagen stimulating technology to create a subtle lift and restore youthful contours to the face. Without taking a knife to the skin our cosmetic physicians are able to subtly reposition areas of facial sagging while at the same time strengthen and tighten your skin through collagen stimulation.
The procedure is performed using different types of sutures of different lengths and designs, otherwise known as ‘threads’. These sutures can have cones or barbs along them, which act to gently pull the soft tissue of the face for elevation and prevention of sagging. The sutures are also made of collagen stimulating substances which are fully bio-resorbable and biocompatible. So not only do these threads elevate areas of facial sagging, they also stimulate collagen and strengthen the skin of the face therefore providing the structural support your face needs to prevent future sagging.
– Lower facial sagging e.g. correcting the jowls and the marionette lines.
– Mid face sagging e.g. softening the nasolabial folds and restoring youthful contour of the cheeks and temples
– Eye brow lift is achievable and a secondary benefit is excess weight from skin and soft tissue over the upper eye lids can be lifted and tightened.
– Anywhere on the face can be treated with short threads to strengthen the skin by inducing collagen stimulation.
– Very good safety profile – used in over 130 thousand patients worldwide.
– Fully re-absorbable, biocompatible and biodegradable.
– Like any of the other minimally invasive treatments: Infection, brushing, minor pain, swelling, immune reaction and potentially asymmetry.
– These risks are easily managed and mitigated with proper technique and training as well the right after care and follow up.
Consult is needed with a doctor for planning of this treatment. They will determine if you are a suitable candidate and will come up with a treatment plan together with you. You may need to stop any blood thinning medications prior to treatment.
Injectable dermal fillers are placed beneath the wrinkle to fill in the depression. The areas most commonly treated with dermal fillers include Nasolabial Folds, Marionette Lines and Vertical Lip Lines. Dermal fillers are administered through a few injections by a trained medical professional. Treatments usually last for at least 6 months and normal activities can generally be resumed immediately following facial injections.